Autologous cord blood stem cells in the treatment of children with cerebral palsy
- Dr. Kouzi
Treatment of cerebral palsy with autologous cord blood stem cells seems very promising in children that born with oxygen depletion. The study is contated by Prof J Kurtzberg, in Duke University. Actually there are many studies in progress in this Clinic. In thses studies are participating newborns to 10 years old with difficulties in perinatal oxygenation. In summary, cell dose, the age of the child and repeating treatments are the factors that improve the clinical condition of the child.
Why Preservation is Important
- Dr. Koliakos
Why Preservation is Important
Whoever has an active role in healthcare and welcomes the idea of regenerative medicine should inform and suggest the preservation of adipose-derived primitive and regenerative cells. Scientific studies have shown that these cells have the potential to play an important role in personalized regenerative medicine.
Consult your doctor and ask for more information regarding the next steps. We also invite you to visit our website www.biohellenika.gr for further information.
Biohellenika is certified according to ISO 9001:2008 by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance for the process, quality test and cryopreservation of autologous cell population from adipose tissue.
The function of separation and cryopreservation laboratories is adjusted to the NATIONAL LEGISLATION demands, the European Instructions, the AABB regulations, JACIE and Netcord, and the ISO 9001,13485, 14644, 15189 και 27001. The equipment used carries the CE badge, while all materials are approved for human therapeutic use (EOF).
Biohellenika has received all permits demanded by Greek legislation, thus always functioning legally, the laboratories abide by all relevant international regulations and are under evaluation for the AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) certification.
Biohellenika has today 8 clean rooms, 5 in Thessaloniki and 3 in Athens, that are specially designed for the processing of the cord
stem cells. The clean rooms are certified according to the GMp and ISO 14644-5 και VDI 2083 standards. The company follows all ISO
13485 safety regulations (medical equipment) and ISO 27001 (data safety).
The Advantages of Biohellenika
Biohellenika, one of the biggest Greek Stem Cells Bank in Europe, offers high quality, scientifically proven innovative services which derive from the long experience and research of distinguished scientists. Get to know Biohellenika, a company of high standards and strict operation criteria, where science is the foundation of human life.
Biohellenika is the only company today that uses the latest technologically advanced equipment that follows a Certified Procedure
that guarantees safety during the whole procedure.
Within the frame of unique benefits, Biohellenika's innovative services are offered at special prices with favourable financial settlement terms.
- Adipose Tissue-Derived Stem Cells. Characterization and Potential for Cardiovascular Repair, Madonna R, Geng YJ, De Caterina, Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009 Jul 23
- [Regenerative medicine for anti-aging], Ebisawa K, Kagami H, Kato R, Yamada Y, Ueda M. Nippon Rinsho. 2009 Jul;67(7):1402-6
- Human adipose derived stem cells contribute to chondrogenesis in co-culture with human articular chondrocytes, Hildner F, Concaro SE, Peterbauer A, Wolbank S, Danzer M, Lindahl A, Gatenholm P, Redl H, van Griensven M., Tissue Eng Part A. 2009 Jul 8
- Early translation of adipose-derived cell therapy for cardiovascular disease, Sanz-Ruiz R, Fernández-Santos E, Domínguez-Muñoa M, Parma R, Villa A, Fernández L, Sánchez PL, Fernández-Avilés F., Cell Transplant. 2009;18(3):245-54
- Clinical study of the efficiency of combined cell transplant on the basis of multipotent mesenchymal stromal adipose tissue cells in patients with pronounced deficit of the maxillary and mandibulary bone tissue, Kulakov AA, Goldshtein DV, Grigoryan AS, Rzhaninova AA, Alekseeva IS, Arutyunyan IV, Volkov AV., Bull Exp Biol Med. 2008 Oct;146(4):522-5
- A new bronchoscopic treatment of tracheomediastinal fistula using autologous adipose-deirved stem cells. Alvarez PD, García-Arranz M, Georgiev-Hristov T, García-Olmo D. Thorax 2008
- Adipose-Derived Stem Cells and Their Secretory Factors as a Promising Therapy for Skin Aging, Park BS, Jang KA, Sung JH, Park JS, Kwon YH, Kim KJ, Kim WS, Dermatol. Surg. 2008
- Clinical treatment of radiotherapy tissue damage by lipoaspirate transplant: a healing process mediated by adipose-derived adult stem cells, Rigotti G, Marchi A, Galiè M, Baroni G, Benati D, Krampera M, Pasini A, Sbarbati A., Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2007
- Treatment of resistant pure red cell aplasia after major ABO-incompatible bone marrow transplantation with human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells, Baijun Fang, Yongping Song, Robert Chunhua Zhao, Qin Han, Ying Cao, American Journal of Hematology 2007
- Human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stromal cells as salvage therapy for treatment of severe refractory acute graft-vs.-host disease in two children, Fang B, Song Y, Lin Q, Zhang Y, Cao Y, Zhao RC, Ma Y, Ediatric Transplantation 2007
- Adipose-Derived Cells, Emanuele Meliga, Brian M. Strem, H.J. Duckers and Patrick W. Serruys, Cell Transplantation Review 2007
- Multipotential differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells, Brian M Strem, Kevin C Hicok, Min Zhu, Isabella Wulur, Zeni Alfonso, Ronda E Schreiber, John K Fraser and Marc H Hedrick, The Keio Journal of Medicine 2005